Electrical safety inspections are crucial to the well-being of your home and the safety of all those who occupy it. The following is a set of guidelines for when you should seek a home inspection.
When to Get a Home Inspection:
- your home is over 40 years old
- our home has undergone a major renovation or integrated a new, large appliance within the past decade
- you are a new homeowner of a previously owned home
- your lights experience frequent flickering or dimming
- your circuit breakers flip and/or fuses blow regularly
- you have hot-to-touch and/or discoloured light switch faceplates
- you hear unusual noises coming from electrical outlets
Additional Electrical Safety Inspections
The inclusion of GFCIs (ground fault circuit interrupters) and surge protection in your home is highly recommended, as it helps protect against accidental electric shock or electrocution. As a precaution, homeowners should consider the installation of GFCIs on general-purpose receptacles throughout the home.
Surge protection offers an additional layer of protection. In fact, if you have sophisticated appliances and electronics, you can’t afford not to safeguard them with whole-house surge protectors. With these installed, you can feel confident your expensive items are properly protected.
Whether you need a thorough home inspection completed or would like whole house surge protection or GFCIs installed in your home, our skilled professionals can help. Home safety is just one call and inspection away.
Call Journey Electric at 705-888-9901 to discuss safety inspections in your home.